I worked with the Marketing Director and Development Manager on an Inventory application for Bedrosians. There is currently an existing application, however, users are not happy with how difficult and time consuming it was to use. We needed to make it better.
We started by going over project goals and functional requirements
In order to make it better, we had to:
- Make it easier to find products
- Display product information in a easy to read format
- Allow users to rapidly search for products, particularly by series name and item code
- Display availability
The design needed to reflect the API. This ensured that the design handled all edge cases.
- Create ui styles and layout that fit with character limits, product sizes and data being pulled in from API. This is especially important because the information needs to be displayed in a way for users to easily find what they’re looking for.
- Create a faceted navigation design allowing users to find common categories
I worked with a developer to test the application internally and iterate based on user feedback.